- I got called in to work today, and am working ten-hour days for the rest of the week.
- It appears to be winter again.
- The presenter of the Japanese travelogue I was subtitling today kept going on about how mysterious the Japanese are (I don't think he actually said "inscrutable", thankfully), and finished it with the words "..but they're just like the rest of us!!!" Welcome to 1975!
- Gordon Brown says we're taking the war against terror to a new level. Great. And tens of thousands of people have been trained to watch out for suspicious-looking people and report them.
- A new report says a quarter of Britain's government databases are illegal and only 15% of them are actually "effective, proportionate and necessary". [pdf link]. The government is entirely dismissive of the report.
- I really can't justify the expense of Eastercon. Boo.
On the other hand, I got my Wil Wheaton woot t-shirt in the post today. And Dollhouse was great. And Heroes tonight is meant to be the Best Episode Ever, if you believe Greg Grunberg. Which...I don't. Sorry, Greg.